Monthly payroll can be done very quickly in just a few steps:
- Step 1 - Select Employees
- Step 2 - Select Pay Item
- Step 3 - View Summary
- Step 4 - View Month Total
Step 1 - Select Employees
First, navigate to Payroll > Payroll Settings > Process Payment, then follow these steps:
- Select pay period (e.g. Year, Month, Processing Whole Month Payroll)
- Select the employees to be paid in this payment batch
- Select 'Next' to head to the next step in processing payroll
Step 2 - Select Pay Item
Next is the step where we key in all pay items for processing - we sort the nature of pay items into 3 different tabs:
- Monthly Payment/Deduction - these are recurring items that show up each time a new payment is created
- Ad Hoc Payment/Deduction - these are irregular payments that will be reset whenever a new payment is created
- Hourly/Daily Attendance - this is to record exact hours or days worked for staff, including overtime
**Note: At any point, you may add or remove employees from a payment if needed. Naming a payment is also helpful if you intend to create multiple payments in a month.
Step 3 - View Summary
In step 3, you'll be able to view a summary of all the amounts that have been keyed in for your employees so far in payroll.
Once you've checked through the amounts showing in the summary page, click on the next step (blue button, top right) to proceed to the Month Total page.
Step 4 - View Month Total
The Month Total page is a summary page of the whole month's payments processed.
You can refer to the 'Net Payable' column for the amounts to be disbursed to employees for the month. The CPF Summary gives a breakdown of any statutory contributions calculated for your employees as well.
Alternatively, you can view a short video clip on how to process payment for the whole month:
To know more about the other features/capabilities on this page, please head to the following complimentary guides: