Are you utilising Xero alongside Talenox for your accounting needs?
If so, you will be able to connect both platforms, and push your payroll entries directly from Talenox over to Xero every single month.
This 4-part walkthrough will guide you through the following:
- Part 1 - Setting up Xero to Receive Monthly Payroll Entries
- Part 2 - Connecting Talenox to Xero
- Part 3 - Mapping of Payroll Entries in Talenox
- Part 4 - Pushing Payroll Entries from Talenox to Xero for Approval
You are currently at Part 1 of this 4-part guide - aimed at helping you easily set up Xero for Talenox 😄
Setting Up Xero for Talenox
Firstly, you'll have to head over to Xero.com and log into your Xero account.
In Xero, you'll need to set up 2 sections needed for the mapping process over to Talenox:
- Chart of Accounts
Chart of Accounts
1) On the main dashboard, head over to your Chart of Accounts (CoA) by clicking on Accounting > Chart of accounts:
2) Next, click on “Add Account” as shown in the screenshot below:
3) After which, choose “Expense” and the preferred code you’d like to use and then key in the name of the Expense Group you want to set up:
1) Head over to Contacts by clicking on Contacts > All contacts
2) Add new Contacts by clicking on the "Add contact" option and keying in the Contact name
3) In order to ensure that you have an easy time mapping, the contacts should have the same name as the export CoA Export Groupings in Talenox.
You only need to key in a Contact Name as there is no need to populate the rest of the fields when adding the Contact group in Xero.
For a more in depth look on how to create Contacts for mapping over to Talenox, you can view this guide for more information 👍🏻
Congratulations! You have successfully set up both your Xero Chart of Accounts and Contacts and can now start to connect and map your pay items. 😃
Head over to Part 2 - Connecting Talenox to Xero for the next guide in the series 👍🏻