In the event that a previously resigned employee rejoins the company, you'll have to make either one of the following adjustments depending on the updated terms of employment/contract:
Reactivating previous employee profile in the system: When the employee's leave entitlement follows their original Hired Date (from previous employment) and leave entitlement set-up
Creating a new employee profile in the system: When the employee's leave entitlement and contractual obligations follows their date of being re-hired in the company
You'll have to determine which scenario applies to your rehired employee. Below are the steps you'll need to take for both scenarios respectively.
Reactivating Previous Employee Profile in the System
These steps will only apply if the employee follows his/her initial Hired Date (from previous employment) and continues utilising their previous leave entitlement set up.
1) In his/her profile, under Employment Details, remove the Resign Date.
2) Under Current Job Details > View all jobs, create a new job card with the new start date, job title and salary amount.
Creating a new employee profile in the system
For a resigned employee who is rejoining the company, if he/she has an updated employment contract with new Hired Date and Leave Entitlement, we'd encourage you to create a new employee profile instead.
This is because Leave Entitlement settings in Talenox will depend on the the Hired Date keyed into an employee's profile.
1) Leave the employee's previous (old) profile as 'Resigned' in the system.
2) Create a new employee profile and key in the Hired Date (in Employment Details section) and Job Start Date (in Employee Job Details section) as the date of being rehired in the company:
3) Set up the rest of your employee's profile as required. You can refer to these guides here if you a refresher on the different sections to fill up for an employee in the system:
4) Assign your employee to the correct leave grades and leave approval structures and you're all good to go. 👍
If your employee leaves and joins the company within the same financial year, you might be worried about duplicate tax forms like IR8A. Fret not! We will automatically combine both employee's tax forms, as long as the employee's NRIC keyed in is the same in both profiles.
To guide on adding a new employee profile, you can head over to this guide as well. 😎