Instead of downloading a IR8A .txt file to validate through IRAS Auto-Inclusion Scheme (AIS) Java programme and uploading it separately to myTaxPortal, you can submit tax with just a click of a button now!
To ensure you can use this feature to submit IR8A easily, you have to be under AIS. If you are not under AIS, you can simply apply for AIS over here: https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/Businesses/Employers/Auto-Inclusion-Scheme--AIS--for-Employment-Income/.
(Please note that AIS submission for current year is closed as it ended 31 Dec of the previous year. If you apply for AIS now, it will be for the following year's submission.)
To submit IR8A to IRAS, you can refer to the guide below or follow these steps:
- Head over to Payroll > Payroll Settings > IR8A. Choose your Year of Assessment (YA) and click on "Generate IR8A for ... ", where "..." is your YA.
- Update your Employer Info and double check all the IR8A forms to ensure that everything is in place.
- Once that is done, click on "View Overall Report", followed by "Submit AIS to IRAS".
IRAS team will take a few days to check through the file and get back with an acknowledgement email. You can also check your status over at myTaxPortal. You can find the status update under:
- Employers > Auto-Inclusion Scheme (AIS) > Submit Employment Records
- Click on "BEGIN AIS SUBMISSION"
- The record will be found at the bottom half of the page.
For Item D1 to D9 in IR8A, do note that we only populate D1 to D2 and D9 for you, where:
- D1 = Allowances
- D2 = Gross Commissions
- D3 - D8 = You can fill up in the form and we will submit for you.
- D9 = Benefits-in-kind (if you have keyed in payroll for previous year)
However, if you have not applied for AIS. Here are the steps for you for IR8A submission:
- After checking all the IR8A forms, instead of clicking on "View Overall Report", followed by "Submit AIS to IRAS"., you can click on "Print All", beside the CPF Amount (Employee) header item.
- Thereafter, physically sign on the forms and pass them to your employees so that they can report their own income over at myTaxPortal. :)
Have a great tax submission season!