An employee who has worked at least 3 months, with a child under 7 years of age is entitled to childcare leave. The entitlement per year is fixed regardless of the number of children who qualify and needs to be consumed within each year.
If the child is a Singapore citizen, the entitlement is:
- 6 days of childcare leave per year.
- the first 3 days are paid by the employer while the remaining 3 days are paid by the government, capped at $500 per day inclusive of CPF contributions.
- capped at 42 days in total as a parent.
- 2 days of extended childcare leave per year if the youngest child is 7 to 12 years of age, paid by the government capped at $500 per day inclusive of CPF contributions.
- regardless of the age of the child, each parent is entitled to no more than 6 days of childcare leave a year.
- 6 days of unpaid infant care leave per year if the child is below 2 years of age, in addition to any childcare leave entitlement.
If the child is not a Singapore citizen, the entitlement is:
- 2 days of leave per year paid by the employer.
- capped at 14 days in total as a parent.
An employer may pro-rate the childcare leave entitlement of a new hire, up to a minimum of 2 days, as follows:
How can your employee be eligible for Child Care Leave?
By default, not all employees are granted Child Care Leave. In Talenox, it is based on eligibility in accordance with the following requirement:
1. Add the child's details in the Next-of-Kin section of the Employee Profile.
How do you claim from Government-Paid Child Care Leave (GPCL) Scheme?
Currently, we are following the calendar year by default for the 12-month relevant period to claim from Government-Paid Child Care Leave (GPCL) Scheme. The Government will reimburse your company for a maximum of 3 child care leave days over a 12-month period. It is capped at $500 per day.
For more information on GPCL benefits, you can head over to the Government-Paid Leave website. Guides on how to submit GPCL claim online via the GPL Portal is shown too (scroll down to the "What should I do as an employer" section). 😁