Form E (Borang E) is a form required to be filled and submitted to Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (IBRM) or Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN) by an employer. Essentially, it's a form of declaration report to inform the IRB (LHDN) on the number of employees and the list of employee’s income details and must be submitted by 31st March of each calendar year.
What are the information employers need to provide in a Form E to LHDN?
** Required for any employees with annual gross remuneration of RM 34,000 and above; or for any employee with monthly gross remuneration of RM 2,800 and above (including bonuses, but does not include the salary arrears of previous years).
If the employer does not have any employees under the stated range of annual income or monthly income, the A portion of employee data can be filed with a "0" on it.
Who needs to submit Form E?
Companies - Effective from 2016 onwards, all companies are made mandatory to submit Form E (Borang E) regardless whether they have employees or do not have any employees. Any dormant or company not in operation, is also required to submit Form E (Borang E) too.
Partnership & Sole Proprietorship - All partnership and sole proprietorship are required to submit Form E (Borang E).
How to submit Form E?
All companies are required to submit their Form E (Borang E) via MyTax portal only. IRBM (LHDN) will not accept and entertain any companies who submit their Form E via hand and postal delivery.
To prepare Form E to print for e-Filing, you can refer to the guide below or follow these steps:
Head over to Payroll > Payroll Settings > Form E. Click on "Generate Form E for 2022".
Double check all the E forms to ensure that everything is in place.
Once that is done, click on "Download Form E", sign and submit via E-Filing.
How to Download E-Filing Format for Form E? (Step-by-Step)
Take a look below to help you better understand the Form E submission process through Talenox:
1) Click on Payroll module to access the Form E section in Talenox.
2) In the Payroll module, head into Payroll settings > Form E.
3) In the Form E generation page, choose the Form E YA (Year of Assessment) at the top, which by default is usually the latest YA.
Click “Generate Form E for 2022” to generate Form E for the specific YA indicated.
4) Next, click on “Edit Employee info for 2022” to verify the employer information shown in Form E (Step 1).
5) Once Employer Info is updated, head back to the Form E generation page, scroll down and click on “View/Edit ” to view the Form E forms of each individual employee (Step 2).
When you are viewing each employee’s Form E form, double check the details. If you have made changes, click on “Save”.
6) Once you have checked through all employee form details carefully, you can download the PDF forms via “Download” for all employees in the company after you have checked through all the forms (Step 3).
Alternatively, you can also view a short video clip on how to prepare Form E to print for e-Filing:
For more information about Form EA, Form E and other tax forms, please refer to LHDN's official website.
Have a great tax submission season! 😎