With the help of Talenox, you can now submit IR8A directly to IRAS with just a click of a button from our platform!
Auto-Inclusion Scheme (AIS)
Firstly, for the submission of the IR8A from Talenox, you have to be under AIS. If you are not under AIS, you can simply apply for AIS accordingly.
NOTE: AIS Applications for the current year is closed as the application period ends on 31 Dec of the previous year. You can start applying for AIS now, however it will be for the following year's submission instead. 👍
Submission of IR8A
To submit IR8A to IRAS, you can refer to the guide below or follow these steps:
Head over to Payroll > Payroll Settings > IR8A.
Choose the correct 'Year of Assessment (YA)' and click on "Generate IR8A for ... " option that appears.
Follow the steps shown in the page. Update your Employer Info and check through all your employees IR8A forms to ensure that everything is in place.
Once that is done, click on View Overall Report > Validate files > Submit to IRAS.
Checking Your Submission Status
IRAS will get back instantaneously with an acknowledgement email to the authorised person and contact that is updated in myTaxPortal.
You can also check your status over at myTaxPortal and find the status update under:
Employers > Auto-Inclusion Scheme (AIS) > Submit Employment Records
Click on "BEGIN AIS SUBMISSION"
The record will be found at the bottom half of the page.
Do note that the submission status will take a few days to update during peak tax periods.
Submission of IR8A (Step-by-Step)
Take a look below to help you better understand the IR8A submission process through Talenox:
1) Click on Payroll module to access the IR8A section in Talenox.
2) In the Payroll module, head into Payroll settings > IR8A.
3) In the IR8A generation page, choose the IR8A YA (Year of Assessment) at the top, which by default is usually the latest YA.
Click “Generate IR8A for 20xx” to generate IR8A for the specific YA indicated.
Note: YA 2023 is for salaries paid in 2022 (up to 31 Dec 2022) This is the same every year.
4) Next, you’ll have to go through a few steps of checking and verification before you should make your IR8A submission to IRAS.
Firstly, click on “Edit Employer info for 2023” to verify employer information showing in IR8A forms (Step 1). You will need to ensure the employer information to be accurate as this will be displayed on every employee’s IR8A form and it is a requirement for digital submission.
Double check the Employer Info details and fill in the missing fields such as Authorised Person and the details of the authorised person.
Note: Authorised person is the personnel approving the submission. They may or may not be the person preparing the submission.
5) Once Employer Info is updated, head back to the IR8A generation page, scroll down and click on “View/Edit” to view the IR8A forms of each individual employee (Step 2).
When you are viewing each employee’s IR8A form, double check the details. If you have made changes, click on “Save”.
6) Once you have checked through all employee IR8A forms details carefully, click on “View Overall Report” to make the submission to IRAS from Talenox (Step 3).
7) Followed by “Submit to IRAS” to validate the file formatting and contents of each employee IR8A forms. There will be an error displayed if the form is incomplete or if you are required to do any amendments.
You’ll be prompted to login to IRAS with your SingPass to continue the IR8A submission process.
9) If you have not yet authorised the use of APEX submissions, you’ll be brought to the authorisation page to allow Talenox to connect to IRAS via APEX. Click on the “Yes” button.
Note: Once you have successfully submitted the IR8A forms, there will be a notification to indicate that IR8A submission is successful. You will get an email from IRAS within a few days. Thereafter, you can save the submitted file on your local drive.
Alternatively, you can view a short video clip on how to submit IR8A directly to IRAS from Talenox:
Mapping of Pay Items Processed in Payroll to IR8A Form
For Item D1 to D9 in IR8A, do note that we only populate D1 to D2 and D9 for you, where:
D1 = Allowances
D2 = Gross Commissions
D3 - D8 = You can fill up the form and we will submit for you.
D9 = Benefits-in-kind
(if you have keyed in payroll for previous year)
For an in-depth view into the mapping of pay items to IR8A, you can take a look at this guide here.
Manual IR8A Submission
If you have not applied for AIS, you can refer to this guide to manually submit IR8A forms.
After generating and submission of IR8A, you can now choose to publish individual tax forms to employees via email or through our new Tax module.
Have a great tax submission season! 😎