With the help of Talenox, you can now submit IR8A directly to IRAS with just a click of a button from our platform!
Auto-Inclusion Scheme (AIS)
Firstly, for the submission of the IR8A from Talenox, you have to be under AIS. If you are not under AIS, you can simply apply for AIS accordingly.
NOTE: AIS Applications for the current year is closed as the application period ends on 31 Dec of the previous year. You can start applying for AIS now, however it will be for the following year's submission instead. 👍
Submission of IR8A
To submit IR8A to IRAS, you can refer to the guide below or follow these steps:
- Head over to Payroll > Payroll Settings > IR8A.
- Choose the correct 'Year of Assessment (YA)' and click on "Generate IR8A for ... " option that appears.
- Follow the steps shown in the page. Update your Employer Info and check through all your employees IR8A forms to ensure that everything is in place.
- Once that is done, click on View Overall Report > Validate files > Submit to IRAS.
Checking Your Submission Status
IRAS will get back instantaneously with an acknowledgement email to the authorised person and contact that is updated in myTaxPortal.
You can also check your status over at myTaxPortal and find the status update under:
- Employers > Auto-Inclusion Scheme (AIS) > Submit Employment Records
- Click on "BEGIN AIS SUBMISSION"
- The record will be found at the bottom half of the page.
Alternatively, you can view a short video clip on how to submit IR8A directly to IRAS from Talenox:
For Item D1 to D9 in IR8A, do note that we only populate D1 to D2 and D9 for you, where:
- D1 = Allowances
- D2 = Gross Commissions
- D3 - D8 = You can fill up in the form and we will submit for you.
- D9 = Benefits-in-kind (if you have keyed in payroll for previous year)
Manual IR8A Submission
However, if you have not applied for AIS. Here are the steps for you for IR8A submission:
- After checking all the IR8A forms, you can choose to "Download all IR8A forms" as physical copies instead.
- Thereafter, physically sign on the forms and pass them to your employees so that they can report their own income over at myTaxPortal. 😀
Have a great tax submission season! 😎