The following are some frequently asked questions that we often encounter:
1. What are the usual criteria for MPF deduction?
2. Are there specific conditions under which MPF is not deducted?
3. Can you walk me through how MPF deductions are generally calculated?
Below, you'll find responses to frequently asked questions that we often encounter.
There are several reasons why an employee's MPF contribution (MPF EE and MPF ER) may not be calculated accurately in Payroll.
MPF non-calculation can only be caused by several possibilities:
1. MPF box unchecked (in Payroll)
2. Master Trust Scheme option is not selected in employee profile (in Profiles)
3. Non-MPF option is selected under Immigration Status field (in Profiles)
4. Incorrect birth date set up (less than 18 years old or older than 64 years old)