So you've already submitted Appendix 8B for your employees through Talenox?
Not to worry! If you realise that you have made a mistake or missed out certain items to be filled in for employee(s), you can make an amendment directly through Talenox. 👍
Making Appendix 8B Amendments on Talenox
To make amendments for Appendix 8B and submit directly to IRAS, you can refer to the guide below or follow these steps:
Head over to Payroll > Payroll Settings > Appendix 8B. Click on "Make amendment".
Select the employee(s) to amend details for and click "Continue".
Click on the "View/Edit" option to open up the employee Appendix 8B forms to amend.
Amend the needed details by clicking on "Edit" option. Do remember to "Save" the edits made.
Once that is done, click on "View Overall Report" to make the amendment submission directly from Talenox to IRAS.
Things to Note When Using Our Amendment Feature To Key In Amended Values In Your Tax Forms
Do key in your desired FINAL values in the amendment forms in Talenox.
The values showing in red are the original values submitted to IRAS.
Talenox helps to automatically calculate the difference in amounts to submit directly to IRAS.
[IMPORTANT] Any others that do not require amendments should be left as the original value keyed in (untouched). Please do not change the values to "0" as this will submit an amendment amounts of $0 value for the section.
Checking Your Submission Status
The IRAS team will take a few days to check through the file and get back to you with an acknowledgement email.
You can also check your submission status over at myTaxPortal. You can find the status update under:
Employers > Auto-Inclusion Scheme (AIS) > Submit Employment Records
Click on "BEGIN AIS SUBMISSION"
The record will be found at the bottom half of the page.
Amendment of Appendix 8B (Step-by-Step)
Take a look below to help you better understand the Appendix 8B amendment process through Talenox:
1) To start the amendment process, click on "Make amendment" under 'Optional' step in your Appendix 8B page.
2) After you have clicked “Make amendment” in the previous screen, choose the employee(s) that you would like to make the amendment for by checking the box. Once you have made your selection, click on "Continue".
3) As you head over to the specific employee’s Appendix 8B to make amendments, you will just need to overwrite the previous value with the new one. To continue, click "View/Edit".
Note: If an amendment to the employee particulars fields (e.g. birthdate, residential address) needs to be made, the submission will fail and according to IRAS, the amendment file is not required. More on this can be referred from here.
4) Once you have updated the values, remember to click "Save" to save your changes.
Amendments can only be submitted after changes are saved in the amendment form directly. Original submitted values will show below the respective fields in red for reference when making amendment edits to values.
5) Upon saving the changes, select the employee(s) affected on their checkbox, and click "View Overall Report" to submit your amendments.
6) Click "Validate with IRAS" to validate the amendments. If there are errors, rectify your amendments and once you have successfully validated the Appendix 8B amendment files, click "Submit to IRAS" to submit the amendments.
IRAS will take around 1 - 2 weeks to check through the file and get back with an acknowledgement email to the authorised person and contact that is in myTaxPortal. You can also check your status over at myTaxPortal.
If the submission is still not reflected in myTaxPortal, you can contact IRAS directly to clarify. 👍
Have a great tax submission season! 😁