We'll run through how to submit your DBS bank file for GIRO payout via the DBS IDEAL online business banking portal.
What is a Bank File?
A bank file is a file that contains the encoded salary payment details for each employee with a bank account. Here's an example of the file name when created - bank_file14092963432.txt.
At Payroll Settings > Month Total > Export Bank Payments/CPF/Reports, you can choose Make Payment to download the Bank File (GIRO/FAST format):
After exporting the file from Talenox (choose Bank File GIRO), log in to your DBS IDEAL portal.
DBS Bank File Formatting
To ensure that the bank file format is the correct one before exporting, do choose the following details correctly under your company Bank Details section:
Bank File Version - Choose the "UFF (latest format)" option
DBS Organisation ID - Required field to upload the DBS Bank File from Talenox
Head to Profiles > Company Details > Bank Details to do so:
How to obtain my DBS Organisation ID?
If you are a DBS IDEAL new user, the DBS Organisation ID is issued to you in the Welcome Letter.
However, if you have been logging in to your DBS IDEAL portal, you should already have your DBS Organisation ID. It's the same ID that you need to enter in the Bank Details. 😀
How to Upload DBS’ Bank File to DBS IDEAL Portal?
1) Once you have downloaded the bank file from Talenox, log in to your DBS IDEAL account. Select “Files” and click on “browse for files”.
NOTE: Please remember to apply for this function when you sign up for corporate banking or you can do so after onboarding.
2) Choose the DBS Bank File from your local drive to upload to DBS IDEAL and click on “Open”.
3) Choose “Payroll” as the payment type and “Payroll - Universal File Format” as the file format.
4) Confirm your Approval option, which is usually by “By transaction amount” option. Select Amend payment date, which is the valuation date (usually 2 working days before employee pay date when employees will receive their salaries). Finally, select “Confirm upload” to submit.
5) Once the submission is successful, click on “OK” and head over to approve your bank file.
6) Over at “Approvals”, you can view the net salaries breakdown in the bank file before approving the bank file to disburse salaries.
Thereafter, approve with your DBS digital token.
Note: For Hong Kong users, the steps are the same.
How to Upload DBS Bank File (FAST)?
If you would like to use "Bank File (FAST)" instead, do note that it's not salary coded and every employee's net salary will be shown in the bank statement. We will not recommend using "Bank File (FAST)" unless it is an emergency payroll issue.
To execute this FAST file, under Payment Type, you can choose "FAST" and "UFF" for File Format when you are creating this new payment.
Note: If uploading of bank file is not available please contact DBS BusinessCare at 1800 222 2200 or email them at email@example.com.