We'll run through how to submit your OCBC bank file for GIRO payout via the Velocity online business banking portal.
What is a Bank File?
A bank file is a .txt file that contains the encoded salary payment details for each employee with a bank account. Here's an example of the file name when created - bank_file14092963432.txt.
How to Export a Bank File?
Head to Payroll Settings > Month Total > Export Bank Payments/CPF/Reports, you can choose to Make Payment to download the Bank File (GIRO/FAST format):
After exporting the file from Talenox (choose Bank File GIRO), log in to your OCBC Velocity portal.
Bank File Formatting
To ensure that the bank file format is the correct one before exporting, do choose "GIROFASTWITHINV Format (latest format)" option under Profiles > Company Details > Bank Details:
How to Upload OCBC’s Bank File to OCBC Velocity Portal?
1) Login to your Velocity@OCBC 2.0 account. Click on “Transactions”, followed by “Upload file”.
2) Choose “GIROFASTWITHINV” from the File Format dropdown list and click on “Choose File”.
NOTE: If you cannot find the “GIROFASTWITHINV” option in the dropdown list, please contact support at OCBC to open up the option for you.
3) Choose the OCBC Bank File from the location where you have saved it in your local drive. Then click on “Open”.
4) Next, click on “Upload”.
5) The process bar will show if the verification is done.
6) If the upload fails, the status will be shown. If not, move to the last step below.
7) Once the upload is done, return to the Home page and choose the right task to “Submit”.