We'll run through how to submit your HSBC bank file for GIRO payout via the HSBC Internet Banking business banking portal.
Generating a HSBC Internet Banking bank file
A bank file is a file that contains the encoded salary payment details for each employee with a bank account. Here's an example of the file name when created - hsbc_200609.apc.
Before you download the bank file, do ensure that "HSBC Internet Banking" option is selected under Company Details:
Then, head over to Payroll > Payroll Settings > Month Total > Bank / Cheque Listing, you can select multiple payments to be combined into one bank file for Export:
After exporting your bank file from Talenox (choose Bank File GIRO), log in to your HSBC Business Internet Banking portal (Hong Kong).
Completing bank file submission on the HSBC portal
1) After logging into your account, click on the "Group payments (autoPay)" tab (1) and choose your payment group (2). You can choose to pay a new group or to an existing group.
2) Next, select your payment currency (3) and payment code (4).
Note: Please do obtain the payment code from HSBC customer support team (HK).
3) Select the "File upload" tab (5)
4) Upload your exported file (6) from Talenox by clicking on "Upload file"
5) Finally, save your new group and payment. And you're done! ☺️