Instead of downloading a Appendix 8A file and uploading it separately to myTaxPortal, you can submit Appendix 8A with just a click of a button now!
To ensure you can use this feature to submit Appendix 8A easily, you have to be under AIS. If you are not under AIS, you can simply apply for AIS over here: https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/Businesses/Employers/Auto-Inclusion-Scheme--AIS--for-Employment-Income/.
(Please note that AIS submission for current year is closed as it ended 31 Dec of the previous year. If you apply for AIS now, it will be for the following year's submission.)
How to process Benefits-in-Kind items for Appendix 8A in Payroll?
Before submitting Appendix 8A to IRAS, you can follow the steps below to process Benefits-in-Kind items for Appendix 8A as part of payroll:
1. You can follow the default name as shown in Appendix 8A:
or you can can create your own tag for Appendix 8A items, by clicking on "Manage Pay Item Tags".
2. Once you have tagged the Benefits-in-Kind to the right tagging, it'll reflect in the correct field in Appendix 8A.
How to submit Appendix 8A directly to IRAS?
To submit Appendix 8A to IRAS, you can refer to the guide below or follow these steps:
1. Head over to Payroll > Payroll Settings > Appendix 8A. Choose your Year of Assessment (YA) and click on "Generate Appendix 8A for ... ", where "..." is your YA.
2. Double check the Eligibility when generating Appendix 8A for your employees (refer to "Eligible" column). If Eligibility is indicating "NO" (in red row),
do head back to the specific employee's IR8A form to manually enter Benefits-in-Kind amount in D9 field.
4. Update your Employer Info and double check all the Appendix 8A forms to ensure that everything is in place.
5. Once that is done, click on "View Overall Report", followed by "Validate files" > "Submit to IRAS".
IRAS will get back instantaneously with an acknowledgement email to the authorised person and contact that is updated in myTaxPortal.
Have a great tax submission season! 😎