Instead of downloading a Appendix 8A file and uploading it separately to myTaxPortal, you can submit Appendix 8A with just a click of a button now!
Auto-Inclusion Scheme (AIS)
To ensure you can use this feature to submit Appendix 8A easily, you have to be under AIS. If you are not under AIS, you can simply apply for AIS accordingly.
NOTE: AIS Applications for the current year is closed as the application period ends on 31 Dec of the previous year. You can start applying for AIS now, however it will be for the following year's submission instead. 👍
How to process Benefits-in-Kind items for Appendix 8A in Payroll?
You can refer to this article for a step-by-step guide on how to key in Benefit-in-kind (BIK) items into payroll for processing under Appendix 8A.
How to submit Appendix 8A directly to IRAS?
To submit Appendix 8A to IRAS, you can refer to the guide below or follow these steps:
1. Head over to Payroll > Payroll Settings > Appendix 8A. Choose your Year of Assessment (YA) and click on "Generate Appendix 8A for ... " option that appears.
2. Check the Eligibility when generating Appendix 8A for your employees (refer to "Eligible" column). If Eligibility is indicating "NO" (in red row), do head back to the specific employee's IR8A form to manually enter Benefits-in-Kind amount in D9 field.
4. Update your Employer Info and double check all the Appendix 8A forms to ensure that everything is in place.
5. Once that is done, click on View Overall Report > Validate files > Submit to IRAS.
Checking Your Submission Status
IRAS will get back instantaneously with an acknowledgement email to the authorised person and contact that is updated in myTaxPortal.
You can also check your status over at myTaxPortal and find the status update under:
- Employers > Auto-Inclusion Scheme (AIS) > Submit Employment Records
- Click on "BEGIN AIS SUBMISSION"
- The record will be found at the bottom half of the page.
Have a great tax submission season! 😎