“Casual employees” refers to employees who are aged between 18 to 65. These are the traits:
- Employed in the construction industry or the catering industry.
- On a day-to-day basis, or for a fixed period of less than 60 days.
- MPF arrangement is required for casual employees no matter how short a period they are employed, even if it is just one day.
- Mostly paid on a day-to-day basis (i.e. contribution period = 1 day).
You may also concurrently employ other non-casual employees. These are employees who are at least 18 but under 65 years of age and have been employed for a continuous period of 60 days or more. They are generally known as "regular employees".
“Regular employees” refer to employees who are aged between 18 to 65.
- They are employed for a continuous period of 60 days or more.
- Note that the enrolment and contribution requirements for regular employees are different from casual.