In Talenox, we allow for up to two levels of approvers to be assigned to a leave approval structure at any one time.
Once an application is submitted by a user, an email notification is sent to the approver with an overview of the details. Approvers can login to approve or reject the application which in turn notifies the applicant.
Setting up Leave Approval Structures
Leave approval structures are the employee groups which leave approvers will be assigned to for approving/rejecting leave applications made by these employees only.
You can set up different approval structures by following the steps here:
1) At Leave > Settings > Leave Approval Structure, you can edit the default group created, and add more groups by clicking on New Approval Structure:
2) Within the approval structure, you should choose the employees to assign to this approval structure. Do remember to give the approval structure a name as well for better clarity.
3) Assign the 1st level approver and 2nd level approver (optional)
You will have the option to choose the following when you set your approver(s):
- Assign a person - assign a specific user to be the leave approver for this structure.
- Employees will assign - select multiple approvers that applicants can choose from when submitting a Leave application.
The same approver can be assigned to multiple leave approval structures but each employee can only be assigned to one structure.
NOTE: Assigned approvers are required to have an active Employee Profile to be able to receive email notifications regarding leave applications.
4) Lastly, if you have set up a second approver. You can also determine the approver order settings.
Leave module access as an approver and an employee within an approval structure
- Access to individual leave entitlements and balances of each employee in their approval structure
- Access to individual leave activities of each employee in their approval structure.
Employees in the same leave approval structure:
- Able to view leave calendars of one another under the same approval structure (under Leave > Manage my leave policies > Leave calendar).
- Upon request, we can enable everybody in the company to view one another's leave activities regardless of approval structure. (do contact email@example.com for help to enable this)