It is the obligation of employers in Malaysia to generate or prepare Form EA for employees' e-Filing before March of every year.
e-Filing starts from 1st March to 31 March of every year.
For YA 2023, please do ensure that you (employers) must issue Form EA to your employees by 29 February 2024.
Download and Distribution of Form EA to Employees
To prepare EA forms to print for employees' e-Filing, you can refer to the guide below or follow these steps:
Head over to Payroll > Payroll Settings > EA. Click on "Generate EA for 2023".
Double check all the EA forms to ensure that everything is in place.
Once that is done, click on "Download EA Forms", sign and pass them to your employees.
How to Print Form EA (Step-by-Step)
Take a look below to help you better understand the Form EA submission process through Talenox:
1) Click on Payroll module to access the Form EA section in Talenox.
2) In the Payroll module, head into Payroll settings > Form EA.
3) In the Form EA generation page, choose the Form EA YA (Year of Assessment) at the top, which by default is usually the latest YA.
Click “Generate Form EA for 2023” to generate Form EA for the specific YA indicated.
4) Next, click on “Edit Employee info for 2023” to verify the employer information shown in Form EA (Step 1).
5) Once Employer Info is updated, head back to the Form EA generation page, scroll down and click on “View/Edit ” to view the Form EA forms of each individual employee (Step 2).
When you are viewing each employee’s Form EA form, double check the details. If you have made changes, click on “Save”.
NOTE: If your foreign employee has a Foreign Workers Social Security number keyed into the system, Form EA will also reflect the FWSS under Section A7 (SOCSO No.).
6) Once you have checked through all employee form details carefully, you can generate the PDF forms via “Print Selected Employees” for all employees in the company after you have checked through all the forms (Step 3) and click Download.
Alternatively, you can view a short video clip on how to prepare EA forms to print for employees' e-Filing:
For more information about Form EA, Form E and other tax forms, please refer to LHDN's official website.
After generating and submission of Form EA, you can now choose to publish individual tax forms to employees via email.
Have a great tax submission season! 😎
NOTE: Your employees will need to complete their eFiling for YA 2023 via MyTax portal from the period of 1 March - 31 May 2023.