An employee is eligible for 2 days of extended childcare leave per year if he/she meets the following requirements:
- The youngest child is between 7 and 12 years old (inclusive).
- The child is a Singapore citizen.
- For employees who have served his/her employer for a continuous period of at least 3 months.
- For those self-employed who has been engaged in his/her work for a continuous period of at least 3 months, and have lost income during the childcare leave period.
These 2 days will be paid for by the Government, capped at $500 per day, including CPF contributions. Extended childcare leave are not pro-rated.
How can your employee be eligible for Extended Child Care Leave?
By default, not all employees are granted Extended Child Care Leave. In Talenox, it is based on eligibility in accordance with the following requirement:
1. Add the youngest child's details in the Next-of-Kin section of the Employee Profile.
2. Thereafter, ensure the highlighted section (as shown below) is set correctly under Leave Settings > Leave Types > Extended Child Care Leave: