So you've already submitted IR8A? What should you do if you realise that you have made a mistake or missed out certain items to be filled in for employee(s)?
Making IR8A Amendments on Talenox
To make amendments for IR8A and submit directly to IRAS, you can refer to the guide below or follow these steps:
Head over to Payroll > Payroll Settings > IR8A. Click on "Make amendment".
Choose the employee(s) to amend details for.
Amend the needed details and click on "Save".
Once that is done, click on "View Overall Report" to make the amendment submission directly from Talenox.
Checking Your Submission Status
The IRAS team will take a few days to check through the file and get back to you with an acknowledgement email.
You can also check your submission status over at myTaxPortal. You can find the status update under:
Employers > Auto-Inclusion Scheme (AIS) > Submit Employment Records
Click on "BEGIN AIS SUBMISSION"
The record will be found at the bottom half of the page.
Amendment of IR8A (Step-by-Step)
Take a look below to help you better understand the IR8A amendment process through Talenox:
1) To start the amendment process, click on Make amendment under Optional
2) After you have clicked “Make amendment” in the previous screen, choose the employee(s) that you would like to make the amendment for by checking the box. Once you have made your selection, click on Continue to make amendment.
3) As you head over to the specific employee’s IR8A to make amendments, you will just need to overwrite the previous value with the new one. To continue, click View/Edit.
Note: If the amendment is to the employee particulars fields (e.g. birthdate, residential address), the submission will fail and according to IRAS, the amendment file is not required.
More on this can be referred from here.
4) Once you have updated the values, remember to click Save to save your changes.
Note: Amendments will only be submitted after changes are saved.
5) Upon saving the changes, select the employee(s) affected on their checkbox, and click View overall Report to submit your amendments.
6) Click Validate IR8A files to validate the amendments. If there are errors, rectify your amendments and once you have successfully validated the IR8A files, click Submit AIS with CorpPass to submit the amendments.
IRAS will take around 1 - 2 weeks to check through the file and get back with an acknowledgement email to the authorised person and contact that is in myTaxPortal. You can also check your status over at myTaxPortal.
If the submission is still not reflected in myTaxPortal, you can contact IRAS directly to clarify. 👍
Have a great tax submission season! 😁